Nationalism and the ‘propagandic Revision of History’©
Commenting on https://www.facebook.com/share/1AguWVL6cV/
Senator Femi Okurounmu
While I do not intend to be rude responding to Alagba Senator Femi Okurounmu Commentaries in this Video Broadcast – https://www.facebook.com/share/1AguWVL6cV/, I might seem insulting. Please forgive me. However, if being ‘factually precise’© in interrogating Okurounmu’s Commentaries is considered Discourtesy, then so be it. I have no further Apologies to tender.
This Alagba’s Story about the Yoruba being Muslim before the Fulani is not sustainable because it is not true. It is not ‘normatively logical’©. Senator Okurounmu’s ‘Reference of Comparison’© is an ‘Imaginary Nigeria’©. “Nigeria,” as his “Frame of Reference” is most abysmal. Fulani is a Nation. Yoruba is a Nation. Both Nations existed for Centuries of Years before United Kingdom (UK) Imperialism in its ‘Colonising Practicality’© manufactured “Nigeria” with sizeable Portions of these two great Nations already enclosed in the ‘UK colonising mercantile Geography’© (‘colonising mercantile Geography’©, per se, and ‘mercantile Geography’©, per se) in what would subsequently become ‘UK Colonialist Artificiality of Nigeria’© (‘Artificiality of Nigeria’©, per se). How any ‘probable Academic’© would venture to compare the Histories of two Nations within recent Co-habitation, even if not ‘imperialist-enforced’©, rather than their earlier several Existences is nothing but ‘extreme Bewilderment’©. However, if the Scheme is to assess ‘Relevance within recent Setting(s)’©, Academics worth their Salts know enough to announce the “Scope,” and “Time Span,” which at any rate, would expose the Exercise for the Propaganda that it is, where we know the ‘natural Scope’© pre-exists the “Time Span” unless there has been ‘particular Variance’©.
The Fula, Fulani, Fulbe
The Fulani is a Nation, and we take our Root – I am Fulani – from around the North-Western Region of the African Continent, including Morocco to the Sahelian Mauretania traversing Sahelian West Africa to Sahelian Central Africa, and Sahelian North-Eastern Africa. We are also found in non-Sahelian African Countries like Benin Republic, Central African Republic, Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, Sierra Leone, and Sudan. As we are a nomadic People, I would argue that except for the ‘initial Burst of Indigeneity to a Location’© that then spread out, much like the ‘initial Burst of Indigeneity to a Location of Homosapiens’©, the ‘Fulani/Fulbe Indigeneity is in situ to many Loci’©. Nevertheless, many insist we are of “unknown origin,” but it is their “tough luck,” as they attribute us, according to Whim, to any Geography, including Geography outside the Continent of Africa. This ‘unknown origin Condemnation’© of the Fulani, and the Nomadism of the Fulani have made many a Fulbe ‘migrating into Sedentism’© (‘Nomadism into Sedentism’©, per se) deny their Indigeneity as Fula to assert as Heritage the ‘adopted Settlement(s) of their migrated Forbears’© (‘adopted Settlement(s)’©, per se).
The ‘Irrationality of natural Nigeria’© juxtaposed with the Religion of Islam
There is Evidence of the Islamic Religion practised among the Fulani as early as 1000 CE. Yoruba is also a Nation, and Islam emerged among this Nation, they say, circa 1440 CE. This is 440 Years after Practice among the Fulani. In other Words, Islam became a Vehicle of Worship among the Yoruba four Centuries, and forty Years post Testimony among the Fulani.
There was no “Nigeria” in those Eras; 1000 CE, and 1440 CE. It is ‘Brain-mauling’© that Senator Femi Okurounmu’s ‘Proprietariness of Nigeria’© denied the Reality that “Nigeria,” as Geography; Human, and physical, and Name was, and still is, ‘Imperialist UK manufactured Country’©. All ‘African Countries are imperialist West European manufactured’©, but certain of them have exercised the Self-Respect to change their erstwhile Slave Names, especially as there is neither Morality nor Rationality tying any of the Countries to the Names their ‘long-gone colonial Master(s)’© gave them. There is, actually, ‘no Fundamentality to the Boundaries these colonial Master(s) bounded them in’©. Okurounmu’s ‘appropriated Proprietariness’© is sad because it is ‘shameful Dearth of Reflection’© (‘Dearth of Reflection’©, per se).
‘Applause for Disinformation is the Consensual-Validation of Dishonesty’©
Alagba Femi’s ‘Distortion of Reality’© of Islam among the Fulani, and among the Yoruba is not scholarly, but some ‘Yoruba propagandic Revisionism’© (‘propagandic Revisionism’©, per se). Quite frankly, Senator Femi Okurounmu is only a ‘Nigerian Yoruba Nationalist Propagandist’© (‘Nationalist Propagandist’©, per se). His Language, perceptibly, is of a) Antagonism, b) Enmity, c) Ethnicism, d) Nationalism, and e) Superiority. This is typical of his ‘Afenifere Nationalism’©. I know what “Afenifere” means in ‘normative Yoruba Language’©, but I do not understand the Logic in the Context of Nigeria’s Yoruba “Afenifere Organization.”
Okurounmu’s ‘Language of Belligerence and Petty Inconsequence’© (‘Language of Belligerence’© per se, and ‘Language of Petty Inconsequence’© per se), and ‘Distortion(s) of History’© are complete Disgraces to Yoruba Greatness in its Heritage of contributing to World Civilization. Instead of Persons like Mr Femi Okurounmu educating his Yoruba Folks of the meaningful and enduring ‘Yoruba Investment in World Civilization’©, is the like of this Video Broadcast I am responding to, the best we can get from him as “Omo Odu’a?” Pity. I am not Yoruba, unlike many ‘adopting Inheritors of the Yoruba Identity/Nation by Virtue of bearing Yoruba Names’© (‘adopting Inheritor(s)’©, per se), but I have been highlighting Yoruba Greatness in World Civilization since the 1990s accomplished not through War Conquests, but by ‘scientific Accomplishment(s)’©. The Yoruba Nationalists should hide their Faces and/or bury their Heads in utter Shame for not broadcasting worthwhile Yoruba Greatness. Me? I am African, and I do not care from where the African Greatness emerged. I will let the World know, and bear witness. History undiluted is ‘Narration of the Past as it was’©.
Should Yoruba Persons like Okurounmu not be telling the whole World at every Opportunity how Yoruba Mathematics have enhanced Civilization ‘throughout time’© or be seeking Evidence of such Accomplishment(s)? Can he not be discovering and/uncovering Associations between present day scientific Advancements, and Yoruba Mathematics of the Past, but extant, and still relevant? After all, they say he is a Professor. A Professor of what? What are his Qualifications? If he wrote a Dissertation, what did he write on? What did he discover? What “new Knowledge to existing Knowledge” did he contribute? Is it not ‘insubstantial propagating Applause’© also ‘insubstantive propagating Applause’© also ‘undeserved Accolade(s) Attribution’© that these ‘Academia Title Slinger(s)’© – not “academic”– and/or their Praise-Singer(s) do not direct us to what made their Names in Academia? You can always find my academic Work that defined me in Academia here – “The New World Order 1986 to 1999: The Behavior of the United States within United Nations Security Council Responses to global Conflicts” (University of Aberdeen, 2002 – Google Books) https://share.google/o5BVigv8AqLoS8s9k©. I am an academic Philosopher in “Political Studies” – Politics and “International Relations.” I am in Possession of an academic Master of Philosophy (MPhil/PhM) degree. It is a two-year full-time – or part-time equivalent – Research Study contributing “significant new knowledge to existing knowledge” in my “Area of Study.” Anyone interested in exactly what I found should access the Publication, read, and understand what they have read. You can also recognise my ‘intellectual Wherewithal’© in my many other published Works. So, why do we not find original Works published of and/or by these Academia Title Slingers? Could it because they have not accomplished anything academic, i.e., even basic University Degrees or if they possess certain academic Certifications they had simply regorged ‘Myths defying the Normative of Fact(s)’© and/or ‘Belief System endurable only within Suspension of Disbelief’© and/or based their ‘Works on the Thoughts of Others’© (“secondary sources”)? Note: “Suspension of Disbelief” is not my Originality.
We know of Professors across the Human Races, and all over the World who had no University Education or could and can boast of only poor University degrees and/or whose ‘Relevance in Academia’© revolves around the ‘Recycling of Superstition induced Reality’© (‘Superstition induced Reality’©/’Superstition induced Realities’© per se) which are in most cases self-contradicting, ergo, ‘Self-contradicting Superstition induced Reality(ties)’©.
Does ‘proven Logic’© work under all Conditions?
The Fulani/Fulbe Contributions to World Civilization including (i) Economy, (ii) “cultural Cultivation,” and (iii) Scholarship are well known. We the Fulani/Fulbe, and whatever other Names you wish to call us, fed Africa with Meat, Milk, and other Sustenances from Cattle, Goats, and Sheep could bring forth. We still do. I have heard the Call-Out that we no longer need to roam to feed the Herds. Why can the Fulani not corral their Cattle in Ranches? This ‘bandwagoned Demand’© resounds. That is the typical ‘socio-attitudinal denying Nigerian’© (‘socio-attitudinal denying’©, per se) for you, either imbecilic or conniving. They insist on what is being done somewhere else they believe works either without deep Understanding of the Mechanics of why it works or pretending Ignorance vis-á-vis the ‘Nigerian “live and let die” Mentality’©. Suddenly, these Imbeciles or Connivers are Experts. The Connivers delude themselves the Fulani/Fulbe of Nigeria are not fully cognizant of the ‘Nigerian Development Antipathy’© (‘Development Antipathy’©, per se).
‘Fulani/Fulbe Pastoralism is familial’©. Even when we work in large Groups, the Units within are family-run by the Families themselves absolutely independent of other Families, and of the collective larger Group. ‘Fulani/Fulbe Pastoralism’© is Governance, but I have not come across any of our anti-Pastoralists who has observed that, maybe because they are not that formally educated to think it through or that those ‘supposedly-educated’© just imbibe – continuous Tense – Information already available, and simply rehash it, and most probably did the same for their “pseudo-Education” to struggle through schooling, and voilà, they have Paper Qualifications. Most of them are not even good Paper Qualifications. Yeah, I know; I ain’t making Friends. My Son called me an “Academic Snub” before he fully understood. My Difficulty is Inability to accommodate ‘Intelligence Lightweights convincing themselves they are Heavyweights’©. I meet – met – lots of Nigerians in the UK who do – did – not perceive me as someone who went to School whether at first sight or over multiple Encounters. They saw the Gold Chains on my Neck, the Gold Bracelet on each Wrist, and the Gold Ring on a Finger in each Hand. They observed the fine Clothes, the not-cheap Shoes, and smelt the expensive Fragrance coming from my Body, and they concluded; “he is a Fashion Slave, how could he possibly have Education or know about Education?” So, they tried to devalue me with academic Qualifications they do not possess (or which are beneath what I hold, but which they did not know I possess). Two Persons have been to my Home on my Invitations. They told me to my Face during Conversations that I have no Education when they had failed to persuade me with their ‘Commonplace Rehash’©. They saw no Graduation Photos lining my Walls. One of them would never know if I am educated. May his Soul continue to rest in Peace. My Son was there with us, and chuckled when the Guy boasted of his 2:2 bachelor’s degree, and Master’s, and of being able to “teach” me. I had simply smiled at his ‘arrogant Presumption’©. The other might yet get to know if he ever comes across me Online. He had been angry because I had challenged something his Wife, whom he threw in my Face had two Master’s Degrees, had said. He was so “sure” I have “no university education [as I have] never been inside the four walls of a university.” I simply went silent at his absolute Idiocy. His Wife was the One I really knew. We had met on a Training Course for the unemployed in the late 1980s. We became close – like Family – when I had challenged a most arrogant ‘Occidental-Caucasian’© Trainer and was going to be yanked off the Training. The Trainer felt ridiculed by my Challenge, and had reported me, playing Victim. This Nigerian Lady, and a Nigerian Guy who did not even like me, rose to my Defence. They are both Yoruba. I cannot remember if I was retained on the Course, but I certainly showed the arrogant Trainer her Bounds, that she, the Predator, became the Prey. At the time, both Nigerians had University Degrees, the Guy freshly graduated, and the Lady already with a Master’s, married, and a Mother. I boasted only 2 Years of part-time University Study at the UK Open University, that I had aborted some years previously. I resumed years after that Event. The Lady said she was older than I, and I was older than the Guy. Years later, I found that she had lied about her Age. I am older. She is, ordinarily, a fine Woman; brilliant, hospitable, courteous, always very well and expensively clothed, well-spoken, and routinely smelling good. Later in Life, I became better educated than her with ultimately the 2 Years’ full-time (part-time equivalent) Research Master of Philosophy (MPhil) Degree, and she knew it. For her, I kept quiet at her Husband’s not only Ill-Manners, but equally gibberish. An English ‘Occidental-Caucasian’ Girlfriend had been so certain many years previously with her “I have a degree, you don’t” at me right in front of my 14 Years old Son when she too had failed to convince me with her ‘banal Regurgitation’© during a Discussion until she found out Months later by accident that I was better educated than her 2:2 bachelor’s and “Postgraduate Certificate in Education” (PGCE).
For those who did not have the Education they were bragging about, I got to know either by letting them talk until they ‘jammed themselves in Corners’© or by asking them necessary Questions. To those I asked Questions, two things normally happened; the (1) Surprise on their Faces, and (2) Defensiveness of their Reactions. One I let talk, informed his Lady Acquaintance who was also my Acquaintance I was sitting with on the Train excitedly that he was submitting his PhD Dissertation on that Day. I sensed he was saying it for my Benefit like “occupy yourself with Fashion, I am interested in getting educated.” This Instance would have been over 10 Years post my MPhil Accomplishment. Two Weeks later, he again joined the Lady and I on the Train, and announced triumphantly to her, “I have got my PhD.” I said nothing. I think the Lady said, “congratulations.” There was no way, he could have received his PhD Award within two Weeks of the Submission of the Dissertation. No way. The Arrangements for the Examination alone would take much longer than two Weeks. The Idiot had not impressed I he was trying to. Instead, he showed himself up for the lying Braggart he is. The one I asked Questions of turned hostile. I had been complaining at the Pharmacy about some Confusion from the Medical Clinic regarding my repeat Prescription. This Nigerian Patient had interrupted by asking me if where I come from would have done better. I asked him if he was defending the bad Service because he is a medical Doctor. He answered with, “I am not a medical Doctor, but I have a PhD.” When I asked him of his “Subject Area,” and “Topic,” he looked at me in Surprise, and said, “it is none of your business.” The more I asked him, the worse aggressive he became. When a Lady visiting the Pharmacy – Nigerian Pharmacy – told him I had a PhD, he just went quiet, and began to quiz me with his Eyes, looking me up and down many times not quite reconciling what he just heard, and the Appearance he was looking at. The Lady then apprised him she was doing her PhD, and would not find anything wrong about being asked the Questions I had posed to him, and she began to tell us about her Study. The Imbecile just walked out of the Pharmacy with no further Words. After his Departure, I corrected the Lady with “I do not have a PhD. I have an MPhil” to which she replied, “I know, Uncle. I could see through him too, and I needed to shut him up quickly.” Some Nigerians, being typically judgemental, assumed me an “Arrangee” due to my Appearance. I met one such in an African Country while I was holidaying, who himself was known as a Fraudster in the City I was, by travelling Africans I later found out. These Days, I pre-empt the ‘delusional Self-Pedestalisation’© of those who believe themselves educated by letting them know in my Works how dismissive of them I am. Note: ‘Self-Pedestalisation’© is Behaviour that might, ipso facto, be delusional, but for the Occasion it is not, I have qualified it with “delusional.”
The closest Analogy to ‘Fulani/Fulbe Pastoral Governance’© is the Subsidiary of a Conglomerate. Closest Analogy, but not quite, as Subsidiaries are ultimately accountable to their Conglomerates. So, let me ask Nigeria’s ‘Cattle Ranch Evangelist(s)’© how their Ranches would work? Each familial Unit would not be able to afford a Ranch. Most who are ‘jablamouthing’© “Ranch” have never seen a Ranch in real Life except in Movies, and what they see should caution their ‘several Insanities’©, and ‘collective Insanity’©. Ranches are really that extensive. We have similar make-up as the Ranch here in the UK, but we call our’s, “Farms” because we do both Crop planting, and Livestock breeding on them. Another thing those screaming for Ranches do not understand, due to their ‘limited Comprehension’©, is that Cattle bred on Farms/Ranches are not organic. They are fed on Supplements, in addition to the natural Grass they are fortunate to eat. Fulani/Fulbe Cattle are completely organic, at least, without ‘intrusive Supplementation(s)’©. Note: “Jablamouth” is an Expression I picked up in Nigeria when I was there in 2005, but People never used the continuous Tense. If Nigerians contend that my adding “ing” does not make it mine, I do not mind sharing the Originality with them. Yeah?
If ‘Pastoralist Families’© also ‘Pastoralist Family’© pull Resources together to acquire Ranches, they would not be able to run the Ranches well, as the ‘individual Concern(s)’© they do now not because they are incompetent, but due to Fulani/Fulbe Pastoralism not lending itself that Way. So, what will the ‘Ranching Bigot(s)’© do; (a) compel Fulani/Fulbe Herders by Law to become Ranchers or (b) buy them out or (c) buy them out, and make them work as Ranch-Hands? None of these Options bodes well. Many Events have started very long Wars. Any of these Alternatives might just ignite one.
The Endgame of demanding the ranching of Fulani/Fulbe Cattle in Nigeria is to establish another white Elephant Scheme to steal Money from the Fulani/Fulbe because the ‘Nigerian(s) accursed eternally’© have come to realise the Fulani/Fulbe themselves are a wealth-making Resource through their Cattle. However, as these ‘eternally accursed Nigerian(s)’© have no Intelligence, but the ‘Instinct to machinate, disorient, and impoverish’© with the singular Objective to impoverish the ‘expected Beneficiaries’© of any Scheme they devise, and bankrupt that Scheme with no Law in the Land to hold them to account, they are incognitive of appreciating that the Wealth of Fulani/Fulbe Cattle is not from Cattle-rearing, but from Cattle-herding. See? Only a Fulani/Fulbe academic Philosopher can identify this for y’all. It is in the Blood despite my Father desperately wanting to be Yoruba, even giving himself Yoruba “tribal marks” which unfortunately for his “Heritage-Denial Scheme’© erased from his Face; ‘thou shalt not bear accursed Marks on thy Face’©. I have not concluded Yoruba tribal Marks accursed. They are Signifiers to the Bearer’s Lineage, and are worthy. On my Father’s Face they were abominable; (1) he was not Yoruba, (2) it was wrong of him to claim Belongingness through the Yoruba tribal Marks to where he did not belong, and (3) as far as I know our Family Branch did not carry tribal Marks – his Papi did not carry any – and if we did, celebrating another Nation’s Tradition on his Face was, and is, most unforgivable. Not at this Stage of my Life with my Level of very high Education will I countenance ‘Heritage familial Atrocity’© from a Parent. I ain’t that sentimental because it would be ‘Gene untruthful’© also ‘Gene betraying’© also ‘Gene treacherous’© to be.
I am not going to further waste my time here explaining the ‘Diabolism of the Nigerian Cattle-ranching Proposal’© save for the following Observations. The Imbeciles – they are Imbeciles if they are not Connivers yet cannot think through how Things work in their Country to the Detriment of the Country, and ‘projected Recipient(s)’© – insist Cattle-ranching is the Way forward. Is Electricity not the Way forward from Lanterns, and Candles, but does it work in Nigeria? Does Electricity Supply not work in other Countries, in particular, other African Countries? Is pipe-borne Water not the Way forward in Water Supply for and to the People? Does it work in Nigeria? Does pipe-borne Water not run in other Countries? When I arrived in Nigeria in 2005 at the Sheraton Hotel in Ikeja, after about 22 Years away, there was no running Water in the Room that Night, and on the following Morning. We were checking out that Morning, anyway. Yet, the Sheraton Hotel was purportedly the best or one of the best Hotels in Nigeria, and in Lagos itself. I mean, the Sheraton Hotel Brand. Our Bath Waters for the Night, and Morning were fetched up in Buckets. Imagine the harder – not just the hard Work of bringing the Water up – Work for Hotel Staff of heating up my Water, as I could no longer take Baths in/with cold Water, not even with lukewarm Water. I have stayed in Ghana for 2 Months, and not once did I experience Water Shortage or Electricity Failure (not at my Hotels or Holiday-Let if at all in Accra). The few hours of Power Failure in my 1 Month Stay in Senegal was because the Technician from the Electric Power Supplier mistakenly cut the Supply to the Property I was staying in rather than where he was sent to go. I have spent 3 Months in two other African Countries, and not once was there Water Shortage or Power Cut. Simply put; ‘Nigeria is diseased by Human deliberate Failure(s)’©.
Fulani/Fulbe Accomplishments in Summary
They say the Fulani/Fulbe built Empires. I say, in creating Empires, the Fulani/Fulbe inspired Civilisations. This tells anyone with Intelligence that we subjugated – not suppressed – the Peoples of the Lands from which our Empires rose. For instance, if we suppressed those we invaded and occupied, how and why would the Hausa Language become the dominant Language of the Land we ruled leaving our Fulfulde subordinate? Did the West European Imperialists who invaded and occupied Africa not brutalised Africans, and overlorded Africans with ‘West European indigenous Language(s)’© that even to the present Times, these imperialists’ Languages are the ‘Language(s) of Function’© in Africa? Yep; the Fulani/Fulbe evolved ‘Empire(s) of Equals’©. Along with subduing the Lands we did, we took “Refinement of the Mind” to the Inhabitants of those Lands. We brought them Education, Scholarship or however you wish to describe “Enlightenment of the Mind.” What do you think happened there; Subjugation coupled with Enlightenment? ‘Subjugation coupled with Enlightenment equals Fairness’©, “Stupid.” In addition, One could only imagine the ‘Complexities of Agilities’© also ‘Complexity of Agilities’© required to juggle the two quite exacting Enterprises of (i) building Empires, (ii) educating the People’© in addition to feeding Meat, and the other Nutrients from Cattle (and other four-legged Livestock) to most of the African Continent even if feeding the Continent was not coordinated by the Supreme Leadership. We, the Fulani/Fulbe accomplished these three Efforts before European Imperialisms savaged Africans, and severed Africa into ‘West European Enclave(s)’©. It would be sorrowful if most modern Day Fulani do not know the Fulbe are not a Nation to disrespect. We, the Fulani/Fulbe will not fight other Africans over their ‘willing Enslavement to Boundaries determined and bequeathed by Colonial Masters’© (‘Enslavement to Boundaries determined and bequeathed by Colonial Masters’©, per se). As an Intellectual, I fight back with my Ipemndoh dan Iyan Intellect. I saw recently in the News that other Fulani/Fulbe are hitting back at the “Cost of Living” of our Haters; a Masterstroke. Fulani/Fulbe will continue the Counter with ‘consequential Response(s)’©. No Violence, but Manoeuvres worthy of the Brains of Descendants of Ancestors who built Empires, and educated the People simultaneously, and also fed the African Continent concurrently.
What is Nigeria?
“Nigeria,” as Name was fabricated in 1897 by Flora Louisa Shaw for the ‘Utility of Administration’© of the Collection of trading Posts owned by the United Kingdom (UK) private Enterprise known as the “Royal Nigeria Company.” This seems to be an historical Fact that has eluded Alagba Senator Femi Okurounmu.
Some have contested that it was not Ms Flora Louisa Shaw who “coined” the Name “Nigeria,” as she claimed she did in her January 8, 1897 published Article for The Times of London, UK. I went through the Book her Doubters asserted contradicts her to the Effect that “Nigeria,” as the Description for the "Royal Nigeria Company Territories,” was already in Use, as early as 12 August 1859. The Book titled “Life in the Niger or, the Journal of an African Trader” was published originally in 1862. Indeed, I found “Nigeria” deployed on many Pages in the Book. I did not, actually, read the Book that first time. I searched only for the Word, “Nigeria,” and read Passages around it. I knew that the Word, “Nigeria,” was a ‘retrospective Substitution’© for whatever the Author wrote in the Spaces they now occupy, but the Publication itself gave me no Clue. Before I came across those poo-pooing Ms Shaw’s Originality in naming “Nigeria,” I had written something Online in which I had given her Credit. After reading her Discreditation Online, and could not find anything to fault the Veracity of the Book, “Life in the Niger or, the Journal of an African Trader,” I wrote in another Piece condemning Flora Louisa Shaw for boasting Ingenuity she did not possess. That Behaviour of mine is most probably the ‘singularly uneducated Conduct’© (‘singularly uneducated’© per se) I have ever exhibited. The Insistence by the Nigerian who introduced the Book as Confirmation that “Nigeria” existed as a Name for the Location so called before Ms Shaw named it so, is the most ‘anachronistically revisionist’© any ‘imbecilic Brain’© could come up with. I concede that I was an imbecilic Brain at the Time I subscribed to the Idiocy. That ‘anachronistic Revisionism’© postulates that in 1859 when the Author started writing his Book, certainly in 1862 when the Book was published, there was a ‘bounded Territory’© or a ‘loose Region of common People’© called “Nigeria.” It is a Lie that no Amount of ‘Repeat Suggestion(s)’© will make true. However, I had demonstrated to the World that I could be swayed by an imbecilic Brain to become an imbecilic Brain too before I resolved to prove that Ms Flora Louisa Shaw did create the Word “Nigeria” for the Circumstances she described.
I, Ipemndoh dan Iyan, never shy of telling the World how intellectual I am, in questioning Ms Shaw’s Ingenuity in creating the Description, “Nigeria,” had become one of her Detractors. I could not, and would not forgive myself until I had proven Flora Shaw right, and the Entries of “Nigeria” in “Life in the Niger or, the Journal of an African Trader,” complete Shams; absolute Dishonesty. I began to collect different Pieces of Information, all from “primary sources.” Academics know what these are, and we also know their Difference to “secondary sources.” “Life in the Niger or, the Journal of an African Trader,” itself, is a “primary source” in the Circumstances. I examined this Book again. This time, I found the Clue I had searched for, but had missed the first time I tried to understand how the Word, “Nigeria” got into a Book written in 1859, and published in 1862. It is an Alert in the Book that it “is a reproduction.” There were other Clues implicitly confirming that the Use of “Nigeria” in that Book is not contemporaneous with the Times the Book was written, and published. “Nigeria,” the Word, did not exist until Ms Shaw created it. I am not going into an Explanation for any of you save for directing y’all to read this – https://share.google/rA1gT6HYIlVDnshZ4 (Royal Niger Company Bill 1899). It is a “primary source.”
“Nigeria” had no Meaning, and still has no Meaning. Some deceive themselves that the Name derived from the River Niger – Niger River – flowing through Nigeria, but how could it? “Niger” is not an African Word, but the Latin Language Word for “black.” “Niger,” as Name was given the River probably by the Scottish Explorer, Mungo Park, who I can be pretty certain Alagba Okurounmu would glorify as “discovering” the River, but hey, how about those Africans the River served for Centuries long before Park’s Ancestors were born? What did they call this, their River, before Mungo Park, eh? By the way, there is another Niger River in Canada.
It is not only about Education, but essentially ‘cognitive Capacitation’©
As an academic Philosopher in Political Studies, I look for the non-obvious in Phenomena, and I bring it into the open to discuss either to (a) include it in ‘creditable Narration’© or (b) discard it as unreputable. ‘Include or discard is either-Purpose of academic Philosophy’© insofar as I am concerned. I have come across the Writings of many without this ‘intellectual Scope’© of ‘either-Purpose’© who are academic Philosophers ipso facto their Qualifications, only. As well as being a political Theorist and Philosopher, I am, attendantly, a Historian. ‘History is Narrative of the Past’©, and it is ‘academically inadequate’© to talk of the “History” of anything without mentioning its Onset. It is possible that this Clip https://www.facebook.com/share/1AguWVL6cV/ did not include the Start of the Interview with Senator Femi Okurounmu, but do not blame me for my Commentary on it. Please, direct your Opprobrium at the Person who uploaded the Clip. As much as s/he desired to use it for Yoruba Propaganda can another Person identify the “Absence of Truth,” and ‘diminished Scholarship’© contained in it, demonstrated by the Interviewee, Alagba Okurounmu.
I do not know how educated Senator Femi Okurounmu is, but Wikipedia claims he attended (1) Harvard University, and (2) Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) both in the United States of America (US(A)), but does not say which Qualifications he acquired from these prestigious Institutions. We know of Career-Politicians in the West, i.e., who have lied about the Schools they went to and/or what Qualifications they achieved there even if they did attend those Schools. Some Persons come away with Course Certificates of Days or Weeks or Months of Course Participation, but brandish the Names of those Institutions as though they accomplished anything substantive rather than Attendance Certification, more or less, only.
Alagba Okurounmu claiming Islam in the Yoruba Nation preceded Islam within the Fula Nation using “Nigeria” as his Basis is unscholarly. “Nigeria” is an inappropriate ‘Index of Comparison’© to identify the Presence of Islam in (i) either Nation severally or (ii) both Nations comparably. The Histories of these two great African Nations are the Indices. The Nations existed before the ‘Artificiality of Nigeria in colonial Manufacture’©. I do not need to be pointing a Professor in the correct ‘Direction of Investigation’© before s/he can assert Conclusions on a Topic. The Presence of Islam between the Fulani, and the Yoruba is grounded firmly in the Histories of those two Nations, severally and comparably. Period. One lays oneself open to Ridicule when One’s Stance on Matters is presented or masqueraded or applauded as “academic” because One carries an academia – not academic – Title when One is intellectually not and/or One is not ‘academically disposed’© towards a Topic. One’s Age is irrelevant in such Circumstances, but the ‘Rationality of One’s Stance’© aka ‘Rationality of Stance’©.
I was acquainted with Yoruba History while in Secondary School studying West African History, if I recall well. I cannot remember learning deeply of that History than ‘Fantasies of Myths, Wars, and Spiritualisms’©. I leave the Yoruba to their collective Belief System. It is only for me to talk about in ‘academic Ponderance’©, but should not occupy myself otherwise. What I recollect enough about my History Classes was having to remember Dates of Events. I detested having to remember what Date this occurred or that transpired. Today, I understand why Dates are important. They serve the essential dual-Purpose of confirming the Truth, and exposing the Lie just as in my second Paragraph at the beginning. I have since Secondary School read a bit here, and a bit there of Yoruba History.
Cognizance of Dates, and the Chronology of Dates are ‘normative Logic(s)’© to making Sense of Events. One does not need formal Education to recognise these two Necessities. If Alagba Okurounmu paid heed to one of them, he would have been reminded of the other, and could not have stated that Islam among the Yoruba predated Islam with the Fulani. A ba, Alagba?
‘Incongruity of Comparison’©
Senator Femi Okurounmu mentioned Uthman (Usman) dan Fodio multiple times, as he who brought Islam to the Fulani of his ‘imaginary Nigeria’©, but that Claim on its own is ‘sufficiently a Lie’©. It is ‘evidentially unsustainable’©. It is not supported by either historical Fact or normative Logic. Okurounmu simply regurgitated the ‘common perpetuated Disinformation’©. Uthman’s Father was a Muslim. So, how could Uthman had introduced the Religion he met his Father practising, and perhaps also his Grandfather, Great-Grandfather, and Ancestors further back? Alagba Senator Femi never said the Name of the Person who brought Islam to the Yoruba of his ‘imaginary Nigeria’ or how Islam reached the Yoruba. He believes that his Narrative would be accepted “line, hook and sinker,” as typically of his ‘Audience’s challenged Psyche’© (‘challenged Psyche’©, per se). How could even the ‘slightest intelligent of Persons’© not find the Claim of “Islam came to the Yoruba through a different route” without telling of the said Route as ‘desperate Appeal’© of ‘take my Word for it even though I have provided no Evidence’©? Similarly, this Yoruba Alagba, whom I have concluded as a Troublemaker from his ‘arbitrary Logic’©, and ‘Ethno-Yoruba Demagoguery’© did not produce any Evidence to back up his Accusations against the Governor of the Northern Region of newly independent Nigeria, Sir Ahmadu Bello, the Sardauna of Sokoto. Let him produce the documentary Evidence. What Newspaper Clippings, Radio or Television Recordings does he have? Senator Femi Okurounmu was twenty-one (21) Years of Age when Ahmadu Bello supposedly said those things. So, he should be able to present documentary pieces of Evidence to support his Accusation of the Sardauna. Southern Nigerians who believe this Senator, just like that, are not gullible. They are vicious.
Although, Alagba Femi Okurounmu has not apprised us of how the Yoruba encountered Islam and/or who made it happen, let me venture to hypothesize. As I already noted above, they say Islam entered ‘Yoruba Consciousness’© in 1440 CE. They assert this Exposure was through meeting with “Malian Traders and Scholars” (Wikipedia). In Wikipedia, thus, we come across a ‘Counterfeit Historian’©, perhaps another uneducated Contributor to Wikipedia who gave ‘Rein to own Fantasy(ies) in Anonymity’©. To write “Malian Traders and Scholars” is to write “European Traders and Scholars” without specifying which “European.” The Inadequacy of the Wikipedia Entry is glaring in its suggesting the “Malian Traders and Scholars” were the “Wangara.” The Suggestion is not even confident, as it puts Wangara as Parenthesis. If the Parenthesis stands for Specificity, then the Passage could have been better written. As Wangara Muslims introduced the Yoruba to Islam, then the Yoruba came in Contact with Islam by Way of the “Empire of Mali.” The Peoples of the Empire of Mali could be “Malian” in ‘generalist Description’©, but it is not ‘functionally useful historical Description’© not to be precise about which of the Peoples of the Empire of Mali opened the Yoruba Nation to the Islamic Religion. If you were to locate the Empire of Mali today, it will embrace all or some Regions of the African 'European Colonial Enclave(s)'© Countries, ipso facto, 'colonially named Boundaries’© and/or 'colonially determined Boundaries’© of (1) Burkina Faso, (2) Côte d'Ivoire, (3) Equatorial Guinea, (4) Ghana, (5) Guinea Bissau, (6) Mali, (7) Mauretania, (8) Morocco, (9) Niger, (10) Senegal, and (11) The Gambia. All of these Countries have sizeable Proportions of the Fulani/Fulbe including Nigeria, and other Countries not part of the great Empire of Mali. Is it not possible that the Fulani introduced Islam to the Yoruba? The Fula, we know, are the most nomadic of the African Peoples. Think about it?
NB: any Term in my Works copyrighted to me with © is my original Creation. Unintelligent Artificial Intelligence (AI) will give you Meanings as if it has ever heard of those Expressions. Those AI Meanings are guessing my Intentions. AI functions according to the Parameters set by its Programmers (why AI will one Day end the World).
Ipemndoh dan Iyan PhM©
AsimauGlobalMedia©
All Rights 2026
18 April – 31 August – 17 September
Comments
Post a Comment